Today (21 November) Labour launched its manifesto for the 2019 election. Titled “Real Change” the manifesto lays out a radical programme to deal with the effects of austerity and develop an economy that works for everybody and at the same time starts to deal with the effects of climate change. Some of the main undertakings in the manifesto are:
- Recruit more nurses and doctors
- Make dental check-ups free
- Bring back maintenance grants
- Scrap university tuition fees
- £10 minimum wage
- Protect pensions
- Launch biggest house building programme
- 30 hours of free childcare for all 2-4 year olds
- Free Broadband for all
- Voting rights for all UK residents
- Protection of existing free movement rights
We will be looking at the manifesto in more detail over the coming days.
But what is clear is that this is the radical manifesto that the UK needs if it is to sort the problems caused by the unnecessary austerity foisted on the UK by the Tories and their Lib Dem allies.
If you want a UK that works for everybody not just the rich this manifesto is the programme to get us there. It is the basis for winning the General Election on 12 December. Let’s make sure everybody sees how it will make their life better before they vote.