Rowan Shaw published How to set up a Labour Party branch anywhere in the world in LI Member Page 2018-02-10 18:45:34 +0000
LI member, Ian McInnes, who manages Labour International Southern France, writes in LabourList about his experience of moving from the UK, where he was an active Labour member, to France, where he was suddenly alone.
About LabourList: https://labourlist.org/about/
Rowan Shaw published Guardian opinion piece by Steve Hudson: Could this be our Momentum moment in Germany? in Press 2018-01-28 14:29:07 +0000
LI Germany member, Steve Hudson writes in the Guardian about the movement to prevent a grand coalition between the CDU/CSU and the SPD.
Could this be our Momentum moment in Germany? Guardian, 26 Jan 2018
Rowan Shaw published Members Meeting in Dublin 13-15 April 2018: Save the Date! in News 2018-01-14 11:11:30 +0000
The dates are now set for this year's Members' Meeting: 13-15 April 2018.
It's a great chance to make your voice heard about how you would like to see Labour International develop and, of course, to meet other members in person!
For more information, write to Dublin2018@labourinternational.net.
The results of the survey about who the Labour International Coordinating Committee should nominate to NEC in the forthcoming election are as follows:
- Jon Lansman: 565
- Eddie Izzard: 561
- Yasmin Dar: 522
- Gurinder Singh Josan: 449
- Rachel Garnham: 448
- Johanna Baxter: 334
Migrant Rights Campaign Motion
The LICC has passed a motion to initiate a migrant rights campaign. The LICC resolves:
- To establish a working party of LI Members to formulate and implement an LI Migrants Rights Campaign;
- To circulate this resolution to all Labour International members, to the NEC of the Labour Party, and to our contacts in Social Democratic and Democratic Socialist Parties;
- To invite representatives of the existing initiatives being undertaken by LI members in this area, e.g. Resources for British Migrants, European Residents Labour International, Refugee Support and Campaign organisations such as the Migrant Support Network to participate in the working party, working alongside European and other international partners, such as British in Europe and 3 Million to campaign for safe and legal routes to resettlement;
- To invite the working party to report back 1 month after its establishment to the LICC with a report on activity and proposal for the LICC to take up with the LI membership and with other interested parties;
- To co-opt a member of the working party, and a backup to become members of the LICC and to participate fully in the work of the LICC to ensure that all LICC work reflects the importance of this area.
Volunteering for the Migrant Rights Campaign
The LICC is looking for volunteers for this important campaign, which aims to campaign around all aspects of the problems faced by those who by choice or necessity end up living outside their own country. Beside the refugee crisis in Europe and elsewhere, many of us face an uncertain future in our new homes because of Brexit and because of the refusal of the Tory Government to treat EU residents in the UK with the respect that they deserve, increasing the likelihood of tit for tat measures by the EU - and not to forget the situation of our members who are unable to return to Britain, because of the discriminatory requirements on minimum incomes for partners.
If you are interested in getting involved, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- What aspects of the campaign you would like to work on
- Whether you are involved in any existing campaigns in this area
- Whether you have any particular knowledge or skills that you can offer to the campaign
The LICC will organise an initial meeting of the working party in early September, where we can discuss how to take the campaign forward.
Guardian opinion piece by Steve Hudson: Could this be our Momentum moment in Germany?
Posted by Rowan Shaw · January 28, 2018 2:29 PM · 1 reaction
Hollow Core: Can Secondary Housing Market Save Midtown
Posted by · July 25, 2017 5:52 PM
Guardian article refers to LI Rule Change Motion to 2017 ConferenceSee all posts
Posted by Rowan Shaw · July 11, 2017 3:47 PM
A PDF version of the Labour International Rules (2010 version):
Rowan Shaw published Obituary for David M. Rothery, LICC Member and Treasurer in News 2017-06-27 20:08:57 +0100
Our dear friend and comrade David M Rothery died early in May after being taken
David was a passionate internationalist, a life-long socialist and a true friend.
David served as a member of Labour International's Executive, the LICC and was
the Treasurer of Labour International.
Our thoughts are with him, his family and his daughters.
We miss you loads, you are irreplaceable, dear friend.
Colin, on behalf of the LICC
Rowan Shaw published Introducing the International Falcon Movement in LI Member Page 2017-06-12 17:25:35 +0100
When I say International Falcon Movement – Socialist Educational International it probably doesn’t mean much to you. But perhaps when I say Woodcraft Folk, maybe it does? IFM-SEI is the international global organisation bringing together Woodcraft Folk and other like-minded educational youth movements around the globe.Read more
Rowan Shaw published Press release from UK Labour members in Ireland in Labour Victory on 8 June 2017-05-18 15:57:15 +0100
UK Labour Party members living in Ireland have called on all voters eligible to vote in the upcoming General election to ensure they are registered to vote.Read more
Leaflet advertising the proxy voteRead more
Rowan Shaw published Leaflet: voter registration in Labour Victory on 8 June 2017-05-15 19:50:31 +0100
Rowan Shaw published Volunteer to help with campaigning in Labour Victory on 8 June 2017-05-11 23:38:42 +0100Let us know how you would like to help us gain a Labour victory on June 8:
- Are you good at researching?
- Have you graphics skills?
- Are you a social media whizz?
- Are you a great photographer or love making videos?
Looking forward to campaigning with you!
Become a volunteer
See all posts
We had the first meeting of the new LICC tonight. I just want to briefly report on some of the highlights from what was a constructive meeting.Read more
Want to get involved? We're looking for volunteers to help fight for a Labour victory on June 8.Read more
UK Labour supporters in Ireland call on Irish to #VoteLabour
Posted by Rowan Shaw · June 07, 2017 5:23 PM
Election support message from leader of Flemish Socialist PartySee all posts
Posted by Colin O Driscoll · June 04, 2017 3:57 PM
Rowan Shaw published How to register to vote if you live overseas in Labour Victory on 8 June 2017-04-26 11:39:30 +0100
Are you British and have lived overseas for less than 15 years? If so, you can register to vote in the June 8 election.Read more
The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.
Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.