Nina Davies, LI member from Spain writes: “The government is carrying out a public consultation on free school meals and contributions can be made until 11 January. I thought some Labour International members might like to contribute to this consultation.
I guess I have a personal interest as I received free school meals for the whole of my senior school time, and also was the grateful recipient of a uniform grant.”
- The link to the government website is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/eligibility-for-free-school-meals-and-the-early-years-pupil-premium-under-universal-credit
- Supporting document: Eligibility for free school meals and the early years pupil premium under Universal Credit (Equality analysis):
- School meals and nutritional standards (parliamentary research paper): http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN04195
- Guardian article: Universal credit could mean 50000 more children get free school meals:
- Labour party policy is for free school meals for every junior school pupil.
Labour commits to free school meals for primary school children: http://press.labour.org.uk/post/159240271364/labour-commits-to-free-school-meals-for-all
You can contribute to the consultation using the following form (which is open until 11 January):