LICC ELECTIONS 2017
The 6-person LI Coordinating Committee is elected every two years. Shown below is the timetable for the next election which has been agreed with Labour Party HQ:
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - Announcement of the election process & request for nominations
- Friday 3 Mar 2017 12 noon London time - Nomination period to close
- Monday 6 Mar 2017 - Email and posting of ballot papers to commence
- Monday 6 Mar 2017 - Ballot opens
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 12 noon London time - Ballot closes
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 evening - Result to be announced:
All fully paid up members at the close of nominations ie Friday 3 Mar 2017 will be invited to take part in the election process. I will be writing to members in arrears in the next few days to give them an opportunity to bring their subs up to date.
Nominees for LICC must
- have at least 12 months membership of the Labour Party at the date of nomination
- have 2 LI members as a proposer and seconder
- submit with their nomination form a 150 word statement which will be circulated to all eligible members.
The current LICC have confirmed that me and Dalvir Singh will act as the Sub-Committee to manage the election process and liaise with a representative from the NEC in respect of the ballot.
Information about the functions of LICC and the appropriate forms will be made available on the LI website by 20 February 2017.