Labour International Group Berlin's agreed motion on the EU Referendum
We call on the Labour Party to campaign to remain in the EU on these terms and for the "Labour In For Britain" materials to reflect these arguments:
- for a Europe of solidarity and workers' rights
- for a Europe against austerity
- for a levelling-up of workers' rights, and working towards a levelling up of public services, wages
- for freedom of movement, as well as for refugee rights
- against racism and fascism
while avoiding falling into the trap of flag-waving and nationalism.
Regardless of the result of the referendum on 23rd June, we call on the Labour Party to continue campaigning on the basis of these arguments, especially with regard to the refugee crisis and austerity, working alongside labour movements and socialist and social-democratic parties who share this perspective, across Europe and the rest of the world.